All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf there is one mountain climb that encapsulates the spirit and magic of the Tour de France, it is the Alpe d'Huez. Its twenty-one hairpin turns and average gradient of 8.1 percent over 13.1 kilometers have become legendary, changing the careers of Americans Greg LeMond and Lance Armstrong, and nearly destroying Jan Ullrich and Marco Pantani. Here at last is the definitive history and unforgettable story of cycling's greatest challenge.
- Author BiographyBorn in Gardanne, where the road racing season is launched every year, Jean-Paul Vespini has been a journalist for 25 years (first with Provencal then with La Provence). Vespini has contributed to numerous cycling reviews, including Le Cycle and the former Cyclisme International. He is the author of many cycling history books, including a bestseller on Richard Virenque. In 2007, Vespini covered his thirteenth Tour de France. Translator David V. Herlihy is the author of Bicycle: The History (Yale University Press), and a former contributor to Bicycle Guide.
- Author(s)Jean-Paul Vespini
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour photo-sections
- Weight395 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.