All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt heart, this is a love story on multiple levels: love of a man for the woman he envisioned years before they met, for dangerous exciting work, and for the unique and mysterious wonders of past history. It is a tale of love toppled and then resurrected, told symbolically and literally through the true narrative of a near impossible rebuilding of fallen radio towers. A handsome, young tower engineer takes on the impossible task -- rebuild WWII-era, unique radio towers without blueprints. In recounting his work in the most dangerous job on earth, a tantalizing WWII mystery of an unusual rotating aircraft beacon is uncovered. Perched for decades atop a famous radio station, one kws why it is there. Unsolved for seventy years, with scant records to pursue, it seems unlikely anyone will ever decipher the truth. Following whispering clues from a distant past, a little kwn history of aviation, WWII flight navigation, and the role of the iconic towers and radio in our country's history unfolds. In the process, the shroud obscuring the origins and purpose of the mysterious beacon is lifted. Parts love story, history, mystery, and biography, this amazing story of faith, danger, and passion will have you cheering by its startling conclusion.
- Author BiographyVicky Kaseorg is the author of several books, many of which have been #1 in their category upon release. Her books vary in subject, but all explore the extraordinary in the commonplace events of life. While not explicitly religious in nature, at the core of all her works is the finger of God in the lives and circumstances of humankind. Kaseorg has worked as an artist, Occupational Therapist, writer, and homeschool educator. She is active in volunteer work with the aged in nursing homes, and with women in crisis pregnancies. At the core of all she writes is a deep faith and love not only for God the Creator, but for the magnificence of His creation.
- Author(s)Vicky S Kaseorg
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.