All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTrademarks play a fundamental role in our everyday lives as consumers, helping us to quickly choose the products we like and avoid those that we don t. Trademarks are also essential elements in a competitive market, allowing companies to build brand loyalty without fear of free-riding by competitors. Trademark laws thus diminish customer confusion, make -communication- between seller and buyer simple, and prevent unfairness. However, expanding legal protection, coupled with commercial -bullying-, have served to restrict, rather than promote, competition. The paradox lies in how we have dealt with the conflict: in our quest to promote competition, we have failed to adequately balance private interests (e.g., protection of business goodwill) with public interests (ensuring a robust, competitive market without restraints on trade). This book examines trademarks conflicting legal and commercial boundaries. It concludes by suggesting principles and guidelines to help resolve the imbalance.
- Author BiographyCatherine M. Manley is qualified both as a U.S. attorney (California) and as a solicitor (England and Wales). She obtained her B.A. from Yale University, her J.D. from Stanford University, and her LL.M. from Philipps-Universitat Marburg, and was a research assistant at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School. She has practiced in Silicon Valley, London, Frankfurt, Hamburg, and Brussels.
- Author(s)Catherine M. Manley
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication25/02/2015
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleSchriften zum Medien-, Urheber- Und Wirtschaftsrecht
- Series Part/Volume Number20
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Weight690 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.