All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1871. When Fergus Deagan's wife dies in childbirth, she makes him promise to take their family to Western Australia to join his brother Bram, also to marry again. She's right. His young sons and newborn daughter do need a mother's love and he needs something different. Disowned by her father for becoming pregnant, Cara Payton bears a stillborn baby. She's in deep despair, until a plea to wetnurse a motherless baby gives her life new purpose. When Fergus proposes marriage, she accepts. She respects him and is happy to stay with the baby she w loves. During the voyage to Australia, she and Fergus draw closer. Then her past rears its ugly head and they face a terrible crisis. When they finally get to Fremantle, Fergus and Bram, always rivals, struggle to make friends. To make matters worse, Bram has financial problems and there is railway where Fergus can find engineering work. Can the two brothers solve their problems? Will the newcomers find a way to build a new life?
- Author BiographyAnna Jacobs grew up in Lancashire and emigrated to Australia, but still visits the UK regularly to see her family and do research, something she loves. She is the bestselling author of over sixty novels. PRIDE OF LANCASHIRE won the Australian Romantic Book of the Year Award in 2006, and THE TRADER'S WIFE was shortlisted for the 2012 award.
- Author(s)Anna Jacobs
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication11/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Traders
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Weight222 g
- Width114 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.