All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this challenging new work, Nielsen compares Herodotus with Old Testament historiography as represented by the so-called Deuteromistic History. He finds in the Old Testament evidence of a tragic form like that encountered in Herodotuss Histories. Nielsen begins by outlining Herodotuss Greek context with its roots in Ionic natural philosophy, the epic tradition and Attic tragedy, and goes on to analyse in some detail the outworking of the Herodotean tragedy. Against that background, the Deuteromistic History is to be viewed as an ancient Near Eastern historiographic text in the tragic tradition.
- Author BiographyFlemming Nielsen is Research Assistant in Old Testament, Department of Biblical Studies, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Author(s)Flemming A.J. Nielsen
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/11/1997
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleJournal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 251
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSheffield Academic Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $6.15New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.