All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Traherns leave the Civil War behind to travel to Oregon and California. #8 The Quietest Woman in the South. Cade Trahern saddles up his Civil War mule, General Wheezer, planning to head back to Tennessee. But a lot of things can happen to a man and a mule, as they stop to help people along the way. #9 The Bravest Woman in the Town. Kate is a mule, smuggling guns and other items, under her heavy skirts, out of Nashville. How can she escape the Union Major, Prescott Trahern, who discovers her secret? #10 The Richest Man in Texas. In 1866, Cole Trahern is crossing Texas when he meets a sandstorm, a dying man, a gal with a Kentucky rifle, Indians, a jealous suitor, a controlling grandfather, and a huge amount of Spanish gold. Can this Trahern get the woman and the gold?
- Author BiographyNancy Radke grew up on a wheat and cattle ranch in SE Washinton State. She attended a one-room country school through the eighth grade. She learned to ride bareback at age 3 and when she got off or fell off, she would pull her horse's nose to the ground, get on behind its ears, and the horse would lift its head so she could scoot down onto its back. She spent most of her childhood exploring the Blue Mountain trails that bordered the ranchlands. She and a friend once took a trail that turned out to be a two day trip. They always rode with matches and pocket knives, so made camp and returned the next day. These long rides worried her parents, but provided plenty of time to make up stories. TURNAGAIN LOVE was the first one published. It rated a four star review from Affaire de Coeur. Scribes World said Turnagain Love has some fascinating twists and turns, unexpected complications, and charming scenes. It is light and humorous. Her next book was CLOSED DOORS, a novel about a man who couldn't read. This was especially interesting to Ms. Radke, as she taught remedial reading, sixth grade, and other classes as a school teacher. All her stories are linked by characters who know each other from book to book. For example, Zack and Jennel show up in two more books besides TURNAGAIN LOVE. Also her books have a theme, such as the theme for TENNESSEE TOUCH, which is that just being alive is dangerous, so you can't be so cautious that you miss out on life. She has gone through survival and outward bound training, including long-distance ocean swimming. Facts from this training shows up in COURAGE DARES and SPIRIT OF A CHAMPION. Her western ranching background shows up in the pioneer series, The Traherns, and APPALOOSA BLUES, which is now available. Her critique group used to say that she talked and wrote backward. This really helped when writing the Traherns, as the dialect seemed very natural. APPALOOSA BLUES, an AMAZON TOP 100 BEST SELLER, is the final book for both the Trahern series and the Sisters of Spirit Series. The first volume of the SHOW AND TELL BIBLE is two hours long, contains 650 hand-drawn pictures, and gives the impression of a picture book being read by a well-loved parent or grandparent. Little children are absolutely enthralled by it. The second volume is three hours long, 850 pictures, concluding with Esther. The feedback from parents and kids has been tremendous. Nancy is working on the third volume now, which will complete the Old Testament.
- Author(s)Nancy Radke
- Date of Publication11/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.