The Trainee Handbook: A Guide for Counselling & Psychotherapy Trainees by SAGE Publications Ltd (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.74+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a team of leading trainers, practitioners and supervisors, this bestselling book provides all the help and advice you'll need as you start and progress through your training in counselling and psychotherapy. It will also be an essential resource as you go on to take your first steps into therapeutic practice. The book identifies and guides you through the practical skills and kwledge you'll need to make a success of your training - from writing essays, through case formulation, and on to preparing for your first meeting with a client. A further important function of the book is to address and allay the concerns which are common to all students. Now in its third edition, The Trainee Handbook has been fully updated to take account of the significant changes that have taken place in the therapy professions over the last few years. It w also includes new and important chapters on: - the dynamics and practicalities of facilitating client referral, - the processes involved in assessing a client's mental state, and - useful tips and hints from former trainees. The Trainee Handbook will be an invaluable companion, and source of information and guidance for all trainees in counselling, psychotherapy and counselling psychology.
- Author BiographyProfessor Robert Bor trained in the UK, South Africa and the USA. He is a Chartered Clinical, Counselling and Health Psychologist as well as a Fellow of the British Psychological Society. He is a UKCP Registered Family Therapist, having completed his specialist training at the Tavistock Clinic, London and a clinical member of the Institute of Family Therapy, London. He has a special interest in developing psychological support services for those affected by chronic or acute medical conditions, and especially those with cancer. He has published more than 150 articles and chapters in peer-review publications as well as 20 books on the psychological impact of illness and serves on the editorial board of numerous international journals. He is also the Consulting Psychologist to several leading schools in London including St Pauls School, The Royal Ballet School and JFS. He is an active member of the International Psycho-Oncology Society, consults to Chai Cancer Care in London and he is a Churchill Fellow.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication21/12/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date26/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures, charts
- Weight658 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDr Robert Bor,Mary H. Watts
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.