All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Ben receives a secret message from the Chairman of the Senate about Royalist activities in his district, he can hardly believe it. The Republic has been established for over fifty years. The return of a king is the stuff of folklore and a worn out religion that one can believe in anymore. Yet on the eve of his election, his suspicions draw him out into the woods where a curious fire burns. What he finds there challenges everything he has believed t only about the Republic, but also about his own identity. The Traitor's Chair is a quick moving but thought-provoking young adult fantasy set in a world of animals and people in the tradition of C. S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia and George MacDonald's The Princess and Curdie. Ben and his companion, a small sheep named Thistle, find themselves enmeshed in a world of assassins and political intrigue as they head for the capital city where he will begin his duties as a senator. Reeling from revelations that have made him question himself, Ben struggles to find how he can best live sacrificially for the ones he loves in a world of divided loyalties.
- Author(s)Jon Carter
- Date of Publication14/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.