All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis study of Wolfgang Koeppen's two pre-war and three post-war vels demonstrates a continuity both in Koeppen's thematic concerns and in the underlying development of his characters throughout the five vels. Often the vels have been treated as works of pessi- mistic social and political criticism: by contrast, this detailed analysis of the unique creative inner lives and the corresponding spiritual development of the characters - with the exception of Johannes von Suede in Die Mauer schwankt - demonstrates the narrator's positive assessment of the characters and the increa- singly optimistic tendency of the vels.
- Author(s)Carole Hanbidge
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/1983
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 1: Germanic Languages and Literature
- Series Part/Volume Number25
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1983
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight450 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.