The Transformation of Learning: Advances in Cultural-historical Activity Theory by Cambridge University Press (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $143.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $94.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Transformation of Learning gives an overview of some significant advances of the cultural-historical activity theory, also kwn as CHAT in the educational domain. Developments are described with respect to both the theoretical framework and research. The book's main focus is on the evolution of the learning concept and school practices under the influence of cultural-historical activity theory. Activity theory has contributed to this transformation of views on learning, both conceptually and practically. It has provided us with a useful approach to the understanding of learning in cultural contexts.
- Author BiographyBert van Oers is a Professor of the Cultural-Historical Theory of Education at VU University in Amsterdam. He is an honorary doctor at the University of Jyvaskyla in Finland. He has published two books in English: Narratives of Childhood and Symbolizing and Modeling in Mathematics Education. His work has been published in many journals, including Learning and Instruction, the Journal of the Learning Sciences, the European Early Childhood Education Research Journal and Mind, Culture, and Activity. Wim Wardekker is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Theory and Research in Education at VU University in Amsterdam, and he is a Professor of Quality of Education at Windesheim University of Professional Studies in Zwolle, The Netherlands. His work has been published in journals such as the Educational Review, Mind, Culture, and Activity and the Journal of Moral Education. Ed Elbers is Professor of Communication, Cognition, and Culture at Utrecht University. His research is on communication processes in the context of learning and instruction, particularly in multiethnic classrooms. He was guest editor of Learning and Instruction and the European Journal of Psychology of Education, and he is the author of many articles and book chapters. Rene van der Veer is Casimir Professor of the History of Education at Leiden University. He has published widely on the history of developmental psychology and education. Among the books he has coauthored are Main Currents of Critical Psychology, Understanding Vygotsky, The Vygotsky Reader, Reconstructing the Mind, The Social Mind and Lev Vygotsky.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/03/2008
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note14 tables
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byBert van Oers,Ed Elbers,Rene van der Veer,Wim Wardekker
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $64.22Trending at AU $77.83
- AU $21.87Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $19.90Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $19.49
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.