All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScientific concepts on the co-evolution of techlogy and society, as well as recent sociotechnical system approaches, focus on the general interrelations between techlogy, socioecomic structures, and institutions. Their aim is to study and explain processes and modes of techlogical change. Rarely, however, have answers been put forward on the related question of processes of socioecomic and institutional change, provoked by emerging new techlogical opportunities and constraints. The Transformative Capacity of New Techlogies redresses this imbalance, exploring the questions: * how and to what extent do socioecomic structures, institutions, and actors change under the influence of new techlogies? * how do they react to techlogy-induced pressures to change? * what patterns do they adopt? The book provides theoretical considerations as well as practical tools for analyzing and classifying exceptional periods of substantial sociotechnical change. It examines the literature on path-dependency and path-creation, on organizational and institutional change, and on sociotechnical transitions. Case studies on subjects such as the pharmaceutical industry, the music industry, the energy sector, and scientific publishing support the theoretical analysis. The book will be of interest to students and scholars of sociology, science and techlogy studies, work and industry studies, and management of techlogy and invation.
- Author BiographyUlrich Dolata is Professor for Organizational Sociology and Innovation Studies and Director of the Institute for Social Sciences at Stuttgart University.
- Author(s)Ulrich Dolata
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in Sociology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white line drawings
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $25.42Trending at AU $25.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.