All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionOn 8 June 2004, the planet Venus moved across the face of the sun. This historic event - visible from nearly every country on Earth - was the first time in over 120 years it had occurred. On 6 June 2012, Venus will again traverse the sun, providing an extraordinary and moving spectacle to the people of Earth. The Transit of Venus brings together a collection of engaging essays from some of the world's most respected scientists and historians that tell of the life-changing impact these types of cosmic events have had on the exploration and colonization of our own planet.
- Author BiographyMary Varnham is a writer and editor, and the publishing director of Awa Press. A former columnist for Wellington's Evening Post, she founded Awa Press in 2003 to publish high-quality contemporary non-fiction. Her previous books include Heading Nowhere in a Navy Blue Suit and Beyond Blue Hills. She presently divides her time between Wellington and Tokyo.
- PrizesShortlisted for Montana New Zealand Book Awards: Reference & Anthology Category 2008.
- Author(s)Peter Adds
- PublisherAwa Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleAwa Science Series
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- First Published2007
- ImprintAwa Press
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byMary Varnham
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.