The Transparent Brain in Couple and Family Therapy: Mindful Integrations with Neuroscience by Suzanne Midori Hanna (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $55.16Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $98.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy should family therapists care about brain research? Are there invisible connections between the breakdown of our relationships and the breakdown of our cells? To answer these questions, author Suzanne Hanna paints pictures of ancient principles coming together with contemporary research as a context for why basic concepts of neuroscience are relevant to couple and family therapy. She illustrates the reciprocal nature of the body and relationships in a book that simplifies and demystifies brain science for therapists. Using the latest findings from affective and cognitive neuroscience, she highlights 6 brain-friendly family therapy approaches and introduces the concept of biological empathy. This analysis enables practitioners to harness the power of mindfulness toward brain development and interpersonal healing. Client-friendly language allows busy therapists to educate without jargon. Applications of family therapy begin with the self of the therapist and advance through the interpersonal layers of attachment, pair-bonding, and community. Chapters include topics on: * Whole body awareness * A narrative approach to neuroanatomy and physiology * 5 basic principles of neuroscience * Basics of trauma treatment * Male/female brain differences in couples therapy * The ancient concept of tribe and a community frontal lobe Each chapter summarizes with principles and guidelines for clinicians. Numerous illustrations make the brain transparent, while surveys, worksheets, and tables make therapeutic process transparent. The last chapter illustrates concepts and interventions through a full-length case story and applies addiction treatment as a case study for program development. The Transparent Brain includes case examples from all walks of life, highlighting heroic acts of survival. Clinicians can use 5 basic principles of neuroscience to bring relief more quickly, for more people from more diverse backgrounds. It is a revolutionary read and a must-have reference for any mental health professional.
- Author BiographySuzanne Midori Hanna, PhD, is a marriage and family therapist with over 30 years' experience as a clinician, educator, and program developer. She is a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy. She has been a faculty member, program director, and program developer for three COAMFTE-accredited programs in Wisconsin, Kentucky, and California. Her specialization in integrative family trauma treatment is the result of 20 years working with African Americans in Kentucky and California. She has authored The Practice of Family Therapy and co-edited with T. Hargrave The Aging Family. Her practice includes family therapy, consultation, training, and evaluation to nonprofit organizations who serve veterans and disadvantaged trauma survivors. She is also an instructor for Amridge University and a senior scholar for the Hiebert Institute.
- Author(s)Suzanne Midori Hanna
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/10/2013
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 9 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.86Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.