All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe Eleusian mysteries, the Sanctuary of Apollo, the Theatre of Dionysus, the labyrinths of Kssos, the Delphic oracle---the book leads us to such sacred sites in the ancient way of spiritual pilgrimage. The gods have t totally vacated the holy places, says Richard Geldard. Any 'vacating' has to do with our own lack of awareness. He brings to life the mythology that shaped the brilliance of Greek architecture and art, integrating rare historical material with the most recent archeological data. The result is a specialty guidebook comprehensive eugh to be the only one you pack, with commentary on: Major and lesser sites of the palace and temple cultures; Greek drama, philosophy, art, and sculpture; Sacred geometry and architecture; Gallery collections in three major museums. Whether you're an armchair or actual traveler, Traveler's Key opens access to the fabled wisdom enjoyed by pilgrims of old and to the living mythology that still has power to transform lives.
- Author(s)Richard G. Geldard
- PublisherQuest Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationWheaton, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1899
- ImprintQuest Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date16/10/2014
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight363 g
- Width114 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.