All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes even the heroes get lost and like a fitful dragon over an endless sea, they give up hope of finding ground again. The prince might lose his steed. The dwarf might shave his beard. The princess might marry the villain. The nymph might hide her beauty. The prophet might reject the prophecy. The traveler might long for home. And in this, the first volume of tales ever to cross over to our shores from the fallen world of Faerphilly, they do. For this story takes place in the Dead Ages, a time when a mysterious evil produces a plague of bitterness and indifference that infects the hearts of the faer people, robbing them of hope and souring them to heroes. It is up to Fiere of the Black Blade, the peasant daughter of a sea nymph, to hold together a small group of cursed, traitorous, and lost travelers long eugh to slay the beast at the end of the world and win back the kingdom from the deadness. That is, if she can find her way in a world that was made to be lost.
- Author BiographyABOUT THE AUTHOR The Unnamed Poet, who refuses to identify himself because it is considered rude to write about yourself where he is from, penned The Travels of Fiere when he was probably in his early thirties. He spends most of his time wandering here and there, there and here, garnering information about this and that, composing the history of Faerphilly, and writing frustratingly vague scrolls so that translators in other universes won't be able to get any sleep. ABOUT THE TRANSLATOR Grace Elizabeth Fleming was born on a Sunday afternoon, baptized in a Holiday Inn, and raised in a place where the earth quaked every time people tried to touch the stars. She has been writing ever since she discovered what letters were for and hasn't been able to stop herself since. Recently, Miss Fleming received a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the North Carolina School of the Arts, where she became convinced that there is no better place to study storytelling than on a film set. When she isn't staying up at night translating frustratingly vague scrolls she found on beaches, Grace can be found in her South Carolina home daydreaming about lands far away or wondering which way the wind will turn next.
- Author(s)Grace Elizabeth Fleming
- PublisherPublished by You Lulu Inc.
- Date of Publication26/01/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPublished by You Lulu Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $72.34New
- AU $28.99New
- AU $16.49New
- AU $12.89Used
- AU $79.87New
- AU $18.82New
- AU $113.79New
- AU $22.53New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $28.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.49
- AU $76.78Trending at AU $79.87
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $72.37Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $74.63Trending at AU $83.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.