All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis beautifully illustrated book looks at the major events in Leonardo's life: from his early childhood to his apprenticeship with Verrocchio, and then the setting up of his own workshop in Florence, before leaving for Milan where his patron was Ludovico Sforza ( Il Moro -the Moor). Packed with information about Leonardo's style of painting and drawing, as well as his work as a civil and military engineer, the book combines chapters on Leonardo's life with themed chapters that look at his inventions and key works, including such well-kwn paintings as the Mona Lisa and The Last Supper. We also learn about his travels back to Florence and to Rome, and how he finally went to work for Francois I, the King of France, and ended his days at the French court. Rumour has it that Leonardo died with his head cradled in the King's arms. This is a truly fascinating look at an amazing talent; a man who was ahead of his time in many ways and in many aspects of art and science. With instructive box features offering further information about key people and subjects in Leonardo's life, and helpful timelines for added reference, plus 15 beautifully produced removable facsimile documents that give unprecedented insight into Leonardo's life and work, this is a unique and authoritative guide to the world's most intriguing artist.
- Author BiographyMatthew Landrus is a specialist on the pre- and early modern visual culture of science, technology and philosophy in Europe. He has published widely on the work of Leonardo da Vinci, with particular interest in the artist/engineer's working methods and preparations for books. As an art and science historian, Dr Landrus is a lecturer at the Rhode Island School of Design, a research fellow and tutor at the University of Oxford, and has taught at the Open University, University of Louisville, and the Savannah College of Art and Design.
- Author(s)Matthew Landrus
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndre Deutsch Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1238 g
- Width289 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.