All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tree of Life presents the ultimate phylogenetic tree; featuring 44 chapters each authored by experts in their field, it provides for the first time a comprehensive overview of evolutionary relationships for the main groups of living organism.
- Author BiographyPablo Vargas is Scientific Researcher of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) at the Royal Botanic Garden of Madrid, Spain. He earned his Ph.D. at the Royal Botanic Garden of Madrid and completed a four-year postdoctoral period in California (UC Berkeley), England (University of Reading) and Germany (University of Mainz). The postdoctoral period and current researcher position allowed specialization in plant phylogenetics. As a result, he has published over 100 scientific papers, including tree reconstructions of more than 20 angiosperm families in the last 15 years. In addition, four more books on public dissemination of plant sciences were also published in this period. Currently, three main projects address hypotheses on systematics of Mediterranean angiosperm families, phylogenomics of the olive tree and relatives, and ecological processes in plants and animals of the Galapagos Islands. Rafael Zardoya is Research Professor of the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) at the National Museum of Natural Sciences in Madrid, Spain. He earned a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the University Complutense of Madrid and completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the State University of New York at Stony Brook (with Axel Meyer). His current research interests include: the study of higher phylogenetic relationships of several metazoan phyla, with particular emphasis on mollusks and vertebrates; the genetic basis of speciation in marine snails and their phylogeography; the molecular evolution of complete animal mitochondrial genomes and nuclear gene families; and the performance and limitations of phylogenetic methods in a genomic context.
- PublisherSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationSunderland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintSinauer Associates Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note300
- Weight2079 g
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byPablo Vargas,Rafael Zardoya
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.