All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionChina has one-fifth of the world's total elderly population. This rapidly aging population presents serious challenges to the state to develop a social service system. To satisfy increasing demands for diversified and continuous care, a policy kwn as Socializing social welfare was introduced to assist in the reformation of social services. Under the policy, private and n-government sectors are encouraged to provide social services that were previously mopolized by the government. The most significant result of the reform is the growth of Society-run Home for the Aged (SRH) that aimes to provide fee-based institutional care for the elderly. This study examines service quality in the emergent SRH from the perspective of residents and, in the context of Socializing Social Welfare policy reform, explores the influence of social capital in the SRH on service quality. With the findings of the study, possible strategies on policy-making and clarification of government's responsibility are inspired. Moreover, the analysis on social capital reveales the core problems of care service in the SRH and suggestes useful measures for improvement.
- Author BiographyHua Ding is an assistant researcher in the Institute of Social Science Survey in Peking University in China. She got PhD's degree at the University of Hong Kong. Her research interest focuses on social policy, aging issues, and social survey methods. She gained national research funds and published several academic papers and a book in China.
- Author(s)Ding Hua
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication28/11/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight520 g
- Width155 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.