All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Trials and Pleasures of an Uncompleted Tour These letters and this simple Diary, written under varying conditions by one of the most sympathetic and unselfish of women, talented and unusually observant, who had previously travelled much, were t intended for publication in their present form. The writer had been asked to put her experiences into book form for her friends, and these tes were intended partly as a basis for a book and partly as a memento for herself of her travels. Her tragically sudden death at Agra, at the age of forty-five, prevented this intention from being carried into effect. Yet her Diary and letters, disjointed although they may appear to be, can hardly fail to interest all who knew her gentle, happy nature, and they are printed in this belief. Moreover, only a few days before her death, she had requested that prayers might be offered up in her stage name of Anne Caverly for the power to send my thoughts to others (as an actress does) and for my ambition to make clear an Author's thought in my own way. God grant this to Anne Caverly! About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Mrs C H M Thring
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.