Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionJewish religion, Greek philosophy and Islamic thought mold the philosophy and theology of Maimonides and characterize his work as an excellent example of the fruitful transfer of culture in the Middle Ages. The authors show various aspects of this cultural cross-fertilization, despite religious and ethnic differences. The studies promptthoughts on a question which is important for the present and the future: How may the different religions, cultures and concepts of kwledge continue to be conveyed in synthesis? The volume publishes the lectures given at the July 2004 international congress at the occasion of the 800th anniversary of Maimonides' death.
- Author BiographyGeorges Tamer is lecturer at the Chair of Oriental Studies at the Friedrich-Alexander-Universitat Erlangen-Nurnberg, Germany.
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication17/10/2005
- LanguageEnglish & German
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleStudia Judaica
- Series Part/Volume Number30
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight835 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGeorges Tamer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.