Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sooz0102
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid the Trojan War really happen? Spectacular new archaeological evidence suggests that it did. Recent excavations and newly translated Hittite texts reveal that Troy was a large, wealthy city allied with the Hittite Empire. Located at the strategic entrance to the Dardanelles, the link between the Aegean and Black Sea, it was a tempting target for marauding Greeks, the Vikings of the Bronze Age. The Trojan War may have been the inevitable consequence of expanding Greek maritime commerce. Written by a leading expert on ancient military history, the true story of the most famous battle in history is every bit as compelling as Homer's epic account - and confirms many of its details. In The Trojan War , master storyteller Barry Strauss puts legend into its historical context, without losing its poetry and grandeur.
- Author BiographyBarry S. Strauss is Professor of History and Classics at Cornell University and an expert in Military History. He is the author of nine books, frequently contributes to Washington Post, L.A. Times, and Newsday and is often interviewed by the BBC. He holds Cornell's Clark Distinguished Teaching Award.
- Author(s)Barry S. Strauss
- Date of Publication03/01/2008
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Content Note8
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.