All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionScience-obsessed fourth grader Nora has ants all figured out w she just has to try to understand her fellow humans! The trouble with ants is . . . . . . people think they re boring. . . . they are t cuddly. . . . who would ever want them for a pet? Nora Alpers is using her new tebook to record the behavior of ants. Why? Because they are fascinating! Unfortunately, one agrees with her. Her mom is t happy about them being in the house, and when Nora brings her ant farm to school for show and tell, her classmates are t very impressed. They are more interested in cat videos, basketball practice, or trying to set a Guinness World Record (although Nora wouldn t mind that). Mostly they are distracted by the assignment their teacher Coach Joe has given them to write a persuasive speech and change people s minds about something. Will Nora convince her friends that ants are as interesting as she thinks they are? Or will everyone still think of ants as thing but trouble? With real science facts, a classroom backdrop, an emphasis on friendship, and appealing black-and-white interior illustrations from artist Katie Kath, The Nora Notebooks is perfect for newly independent readers especially budding scientists like Nora! and adults who want to encourage awareness of STEM subjects in young readers.
- Author BiographyClaudia Mills is the author of over fifty books for young readers. She does not personally keep an ant farm, but she does have a cat, Snickers, with whom she curls up on her couch at home in Boulder, Colorado, drinking hot chocolate and writing.
- Author(s)Claudia Mills
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Date of Publication22/09/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleNora Notebooks
- Series Part/Volume Number01
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Katie Kath
- Format DetailsLibrary binding,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.