CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Trouble With Compassion is a collection tinged by Buddhism, flavoured by the poet's attempt to see herself and others through the lens of loving-kindness. Even the really anying ones. Even snails. Kirsten's poems cut 21st century Zen with a shot of humour as they hone in on the truth at the heart of our contradictory world.
- Author BiographyKirsten Luckins splits her time between performing poetry, and helping others to do so in her role as North-East Programme Coordinator for Apples and Snakes. In fact, she started performing poetry specifically so she had a leg to stand on when it came to bossing other poets around. In 2013-14 toured her first solo show The Moon Cannot Be Stolen, which came second in the 2014 Saboteur Awards for Best Spoken Word Show. She was also a finalist in the 2014 BBC Slam, an achievement that she regards as a glorious fluke (although the rest of us know it was nothing of the kind). She lives in Hartlepool with her husband, and can often be found pacing on the beach muttering poems. The Trouble With Compassion will launch at StAnza 2016.
- Author(s)Kirsten Luckins
- PublisherBurning Eye Books
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBurning Eye Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.