All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in third edition, with updates to reflect developments in our understanding of learning difficulties in maths, this award-winning text provides vital insights into the often confusing world of numeracy. By looking at learning difficulties in maths and dyscalculia from several perspectives, including the vocabulary and language of maths, thinking styles and the demands of individual procedures, this book provides a complete overview of the most frequently occurring problems associated with maths teaching and learning. Drawing on tried-and-tested methods based on research and Steve Chinn's years of classroom experience, it provides an authoritative yet accessible one-stop classroom resource. Combining advice, guidance and practical activities, this user-friendly guide will help you to: * develop flexible thinking styles * use alternative strategies to replace an over-reliance on rote learning for pupils trying to access basic facts * understand the implications of underlying skills, such as working memory, on learning * implement effective pre-emptive measures before demotivation sets in * recognise the manifestations of maths anxiety and tackle affective domain problems * find approaches to solve word problems * select appropriate materials and visual images to enhance understanding. With useful features such as checklists for the evaluation of books and a comprehensive overview of resources, this book will equip you with essential skills to help you tackle your pupils' maths difficulties and improve standards. This book will be useful for all teachers, classroom assistants, learning support assistants and parents.
- Author BiographySteve Chinn is a Visiting Professor at the University of Derby and is also author of More Trouble with Maths: A complete guide to identifying and diagnosing mathematical difficulties, 2nd edition and editor of The Routledge International Handbook of Dyscalculia and Mathematical Learning Difficulties.
- Author(s)Steve Chinn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables, 48 black & white line drawings
- Weight488 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.