All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Fashion Week is only days away and Simona's new client and friend is desperate to finish the collection she hopes will bring her back to fame. Then her fitting model and muse is found murdered in the ladies room. Simona's live-in detective boyfriend, in charge of the case, warns her to stay away, but Simona isn't about to lose a client or let down a friend. Except her boyfriend isn't the only one who wants her off the case. On the way home one evening, Simona is attacked. Dmitri, a Russian cabdriver, arrives on the scene just in time and Simona hires him to be her bodyguard, which doesn't do her much good. Attacked a second time, she ends up in the hospital more determined than ever to find the murderer.
Ambitious new partner, angry tailor, overly-protective sample maker, grateful seamstress, jealous competitor--the suspects are many. Only when Simona delves into the past does she arrive at the truth, but t before risking her life again, this time on the runway of Bryant Park. Fashion Foottes and a recipe for Schmatta pasta are included. A fast-paced thriller with a convincing fashion background and a cast of characters big eugh to fill...a Prada bag.
--Suzy Menkes, The New York Times Book Review This is a clever little vel with lots of insider bits about high fashion and snappy characters.
--Margaret Cann, Toronto Globe and Mail Sprightly, sunny and gossipy: a welcome return.
-- Kirkus Reviews Griffo is an engaging personality: determined, charming and willing to go the extra mile. She might be bloody and bruised, but she is unbowed. I met a heroine whose new adventures I'll seek out.
--Roberta Alexander, Contra Costa Times
- Author(s)Camilla T Crespi
- PublisherMystery Writers of America Presents
- Date of Publication30/07/2003
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMystery Writers of America Presents
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width128 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound