All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Puffin Book - stories that last a lifetime. Puffin Modern Classics are relaunched under a new logo: A Puffin Book. There are 20 titles to collect in the series, listed below, all with exciting new covers and fun-filled endtes. The Trumpet Of The Swan is an uplifting story by E. B. White, author of Charlotte's Web in which wildlife and nature blend with fantasy to make a tender, humorous and unforgettable animal tale. Unlike other cygnets, Louis, the trumpeter swan, cant utter a sound. But with the encouragement of his father, Louis sets out to overcome his problem. One way of doing this Louis decides, is to learn to read and write and so he sets off to Montana to find his friend Sam Beaver. Louis goes to school with him and learns to read and write, but when he returns to the lakes and falls in love with the beautiful Serena, he is upset that Serena can't read his sign, which says 'I love you'. Once again his parents are determined to help him find a new way of expressing himself and it is his father who dreams up the brilliant solution that will put Louis firmly on the path to success and fulfilment. E. B. White was born in the USA. He travelled about trying all sorts of jobs before he joined the New Yorker magazine and became a writer. In 1970 he was awarded the prestigious Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal for Stuart Little and Charlotte's Web and in hour of his outstanding contribution to children's literature. E. B. White died in 1985. Also by E. B. White: Charlotte's Web and Stuart Little. Also available in A Puffin Book: Goodnight Mister Tom and Back Home by Michelle Magorian; Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little And The Trumpet Of The Swan by E. B. White; The Borrowers by Mary Norton; Stig Of The Dump by Clive King; Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor; A Dog So Small by Philippa Pearce; Gobboli by Ursula Moray Williams; Carrie's War by Nina Bawden; Mrs Frisby and The Rats Of Nimh by Richard C O'brien; A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L'engle; The Cay by Theodore Taylor; Tarka The Otter by Henry Williamson; Watership Down by Richard Adams; Smith by Leon Garfield; The Neverending Story by Michael Ende; Annie by Thomas Meehan; and The Family From One End Street by Eve Garnett.
- Author BiographyE. B. White was born in the USA. He travelled about trying all sorts of jobs before he joined the New Yorker magazine and became a writer. In 1970 he was awarded the prestigious Laura Ingalls Wilder Medal for Stuart Little and Charlotte's Web and in honour of his outstanding contribution to children's literature. E. B. White died in 1985.
- Author(s)E. B. White
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleA Puffin Book
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteb & w line throughout
- Weight288 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.