The Truth About Health Care: Why Reform is Not Working in America by David Mechanic (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.57Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is health policy for grown-ups ...Mechanic brings to bear his magisterial kwledge of some of the less-traveled pathways in the health care wilderness. -Health Affairs A comprehensive and thoughtful discussion of the myriad reasons why substantial health care reform continues to be elusive ...will be much appreciated by readers interested in increasing their understanding of the future of health care reform. -Journal of the American Medical Association Mechanic, one of the longest abiding and most insightful observers of American health care, has diagsed many of the system's ills. -Inquiry Drawing on decades of experience as an active health policy participant, researcher, teacher, and consultant to the public and private sectors, David Mechanic examines the strengths and weaknesses of health care in the United States. He explains how it has evolved in ways that favor ecomic, professional, and political interests over those of patients. Yet, he also ackwledges that railing against these influences can achieve only so much. Instead, Mechanic suggests changes that may make it possible to convert what is best about health care in America into a well-functioning system that better serves the entire population. David Mechanic is director of the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research at Rutgers University and the national program director of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Investigator Awards in Health Policy Research. He has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences and to the Institute of Medicine.
- Author BiographyDavid Mechanic is director of the Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research at Rutgers University and the national program director of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Investigator Awards in Health Policy Research. He has been elected to the National Academy of Sciences and to the Institute of Medicine.
- Author(s)David Mechanic
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication15/04/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight364 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.