Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionHormones rule our internal world: they control our growth, our metabolism, weight, water-balance, body clocks, fertility, muscle bulk, mood, speed of ageing, whether we want sex or t (and whether we enjoy it) and even whom we fall in love with. Their effects may occur in seconds and be over in a flash, or emerge over months and last for years. In The Truth About Hormones Vivienne Parry explains how exactly these mysteriously powerful chemicals affect our bodies and our behaviour.
- Author BiographyVivienne Parry is a writer and broadcaster.Familiar as the presenter of many Radio 4 series on medicine, she writes a medical science column for the Times and is the science editor of Good Housekeeping magazine. She has been a presenter of Tomorrow's World, a columnist for the News of the World and a reporter for Panorama. The Truth About Hormones was shortlisted for the Aventis Prize in 2006.
- Author(s)Vivienne Parry
- PublisherAtlantic Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAtlantic Books
- Weight289 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.