All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInflation is a simple topic, in that the basic concepts are something that everyone can understand. However, inflation is t a simplistic topic. The composition of inflation and what the different inflation measures try to represent cant be summarised with a single line on a chart or a casual reference to a solitary data point. Investors very often fail to understand the detail behind inflation, and end up making bad investment decisions as a result. The Truth About Inflation does t set out to forecast inflation, but to help improve its understanding, so that investors can make better decisions to achieve the real returns that they need. Starting with a summary of long history of inflation, the drivers of price change are considered. Many of the urban myths that have built up about inflation are shown to be a consequence of irrational judgement or political scaremongering. Some behaviour, like the unhealthy veneration of gold as a means of inflation protection, is shown to be the result of historical accident. In the modern era of lower minal investment returns, inflation inequality (whereby some groups experience persistently higher inflation than others) is a very important consideration. This book sets out the realities of price changes in the modern investing environment, without using ecomic equations or jargon. It gives investors the framework they need to think about inflation and how to protect themselves against it, whether the aggregate inflation of the future rises or falls from current levels.
- Author BiographyPaul Donovan joined UBS in 1992 and is a managing director and global economist. Paul is responsible for formulating and presenting the UBS Investment Research global economic view.
- Author(s)Paul Donovan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/04/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 1 colour tables, 13 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.