All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionTONY BOLOGNIE GETS HIMSELF INTO ALL KINDS OF TROUBLE AND SOME VERY INAPPROPRIATE SITUATIONS TOO! AND BEFORE HE COULD SHOUT FLAPPERJACK - ONE THING LEADS TO ANOTHER. LUCKILY, TONY HAS SOME REALLY COOL FRIENDS WHO BRAVELY STEP IN TO RESCUE HIM! STRANGER DANGER UNFORTUNATELY, DOES EXIST IN THE REAL WORLD! THE TRUTH ABOUT TONY IS A LITTLE STORY WITH LOTS TO SAY AND MANY LESSONS TO BE LEARNED. TONY'S STORY IS A STORY TO BE SHARED AND REVISITED EVERY NOW AND THEN JUST AS A REMINDER - IT IS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY! The Truth About Tony is a playful engaging book that delivers an essential message designed to protect the welfare of children everywhere. Colorfully illustrated and thought provoking - The Truth About Tony is a delicately written work of fiction touching on real life issues - designed to warn and inform children about child sex abuse - hopefully preserving children's right to incence for many years to come. Included is a Topics for Discussion page. Suggested reading with responsible adults.
- Author BiographyAbout the Author The Truth About Tony is a playful educational children's book that delivers an essential message designed to protect the welfare of children everywhere. Author and illustrator Lynne Drake employs her creative talents to produce an engaging story in hopes of creating awareness in the intervention and prevention of child sex abuse. One of Lynne's many experiences includes work as an art teacher in group homes where young men and woman are placed both by courts and child protective services. Due to confidentiality, Lynne was unaware of individual circumstances until some residents revealed some of their personal tragic experiences to her. She ultimately became inspired after learning the staggering statistics of children being sexually abused - one in 4 girls and one in 6 boys. Disturbed by the alarming number of children and lives destroyed by this terrible and unnecessary occurrence she felt compelled to do something. As a concerned parent and grandmother, who helped deliver 2 of her 3 beautiful young grandchildren, she woke one morning and put her talents to use. She believes there is an immediate need for change. Those unheard voices are suffering in horrible silence - a silence that protects the perpetrator and allows children's suffering to continue. Lynne strongly believes this is a crisis that can no longer be ignored and needs to be addressed. Understanding the sensitive nature of this subject, she developed an educational and child friendly story. She delicately approaches this topic and a number of other issues in a style that is both effective and easily understood. Although humorous at best, the story does underscore a sobering reality that unfortunately exists in grossly disproportionate numbers. The book is intended to be read by a responsible and trusted adult who can intelligently explain and answer questions through open, honest and critical dialogue. The Truth About Tony is a thought provoking story for children of all ages - hopefully preserving their right to innocence for many years to come.
- Author(s)Lynne Drake
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/01/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.