All listings for this product
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.12New
- AU $24.74New
- AU $19.88New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.70New
- AU $11.50Used
- AU $19.85New
- AU $31.89New
- AU $21.70New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.72Trending at AU $21.12
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.87
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $77.71
- AU $78.51Trending at AU $90.07
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.10
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $22.55
- AU $39.94Trending at AU $43.33
About this product
- DescriptionSlavoj Zizek is widely regarded as one of the world's most important contemporary thinkers. His work has contributed dramatically to the reinvention and revivification of many key theoretical and political debates. Indeed, his vociferous and challenging body of work amounts to a sustained, ground-breaking, terrain-shifting and far reaching intervention into a large number of academic disciplines, intellectual fields and cultural debates. The Truth of Zizek addresses the rigorous critical assessment demanded by this broad and increasingly influential corpus. This timely and compelling collection of essays from an international team of leading Zizekian scholars addresses the full range of Zizek's theoretical interventions, assessing critically the political, philosophical, psychoanalytical, cultural and institutional stakes of his work. Each chapter engages with and challenges Zizek's thought to explicate a key aspect of his work, clarifying its importance and challenging its claims through rigorous critique. By focusing on Zizek's contributions to these disciplines, fields and debates, this collection sets out to diagse and assess the emergence of a 'Zizekian moment' within contemporary intellectual, cultural and political events. The Truth of Zizek provides the first sustained engagement with and assessment of the significant impact of Zizek's work. This compelling and valuable collection of essays from cutting edge scholars picks up the gauntlet thrown down by Zizek: the demand that his readers respond with 'the coldness and cruelty of true friendship.
- Author BiographyPaul Bowman is Senior Lecturer in Cultural Studies at Roehampton University, London, UK. Richard Stamp is Lecturer in Cultural Studies at Bath Spa University, UK.
- Author(s)Paul Bowman,Richard Stamp
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/05/2007
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Weight363 g
- Width142 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.