All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNo matter what your actual job title, you are-or soon will be-a data worker. Every day, at work, home, and school, we are bombarded with vast amounts of free data collected and shared by everyone and everything from our co-workers to our calorie counters. In this highly anticipated follow-up to The Functional Art-Alberto Cairo's foundational guide to understanding information graphics and visualization-the respected data visualization professor explains in clear terms how to work with data, discover the stories hidden within, and share those stories with the world in the form of charts, maps, and infographics. In The Truthful Art, Cairo transforms elementary principles of data and scientific reasoning into tools that you can use in daily life to interpret data sets and extract stories from them. The Truthful Art explains: * The role infographics and data visualization play in our world * Basic principles of data and scientific reasoning that anyone can master * How to become a better critical thinker * Step-by-step processes that will help you evaluate any data visualization (including your own) * How to create and use effective charts, graphs, and data maps to explain data to any audience The Truthful Art is also packed with inspirational and educational real-world examples of data visualizations from such leading publications as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Estado de S(c)o Paulo (Brazil), Berliner Morgenpost (Germany), and many more.
- Author BiographyAlberto Cairo is the Knight Chair in Visual Journalism at the School of Communication of the University of Miami (UM), where he heads specializations in infographics and data visualization. He's also director of the visualization program of UM's Center for Computational Science, and Visualization Innovator-in-Residence at Univision. Cairo is the author of the books Infografia 2.0: Visualizacion interactiva de informacion en prensa, published exclusively in Spain in 2008, and The Functional Art: An Introduction to Information Graphics and Visualization (New Riders, 2012.) Over the past two decades, Cairo has been director of infographics and visualization at news organizations in Spain and Brazil, in addition to consulting with companies and educational institutions in more than 20 countries. You can find Cairo at www.thefunctionalart.com or on Twitter, where he is @albertocairo.
- Author(s)Alberto Cairo
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Riders Publishing
- Weight732 g
- Width179 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.