Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.94
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.68
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.26
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.84
About this product
- DescriptionHow do inner ghosts demons in the hearts and minds of the characters in The Tu-Tone DeSoto weave into a fictional tapestry that is irresistibly gripping, provocative and a can't put down vel, all at the same time? These presences lead one character to murder-or is it redemption? Other characters are led to a doomed teenage marriage, suicide, incest, alcoholism, the challenge of being a gay teen, a defiance of God and an overwhelming faith. This rich, fast-paced story revolves around the lives of seven mid-western high school teens living in conflict with their parents' generation during the early 1960s. The teenagers are from Hanson, Iowa, a Council Bluffs suburb across the Missouri River from Omaha. They are facing the perplexities of coming to terms with their personal issues during a time that demands redefining the responsibilities of young Americans. This extends to a growing generation gap destined to become the incendiary turning point of the 1960s. All of the characters' lives are woven into the events of the time: President Kennedy's inaugural invoking a new generation into action, the emergence from World War II into the depths of the Cold War, the developing sociological rift being taught in colleges, the call for the acceleration of troops in Southeast Asia and the Cuban Missile Crisis. The story culminates with the Kennedy assassination, which forms the foundation of the counter-culture to come.The Tu-tone DeSoto is the first vel in a planned series following the growth of its characters into the present. As an added feature in many of the books of the series, a historical chrology, such as the one in The Tu-tone DeSoto, relating to the chapters will be included as an appendix. The chrologies will be interactive in the e-book versions.
- Author BiographyD.H. Robbins has been has been putting his efforts toward developing a series of novels in the avant-garde historical fiction genre. Though Robbins has been writing serious fiction for over thirty years, The Tu-tone DeSoto is his first published novel of a series. Robbins has completed second in the series, Chamelea, which was released In November, 2015. Robbins, a Baby Boomer, was born in Norwalk, Connecticut and currently lives in Simsbury, Connecticut where he continues to type away on the next book(s) in the series.
- Author(s)D H Robbins
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication06/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.