Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $64.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA beautifully illustrated volume on the Tudor-style house, a keystone in American interiors and architecture. Since its birth in sixteenth-century England, the Tudor-style house has been a favourite for homeowners from all walks of life. Hallmarks of the style include steeply pitched gables and roofs covered in slate or imitation thatch, bays of casement windows with diamond-paned leaded glass, clustered chimney stacks, interiors of wood panelling and plasterwork, and, especially, half-timbered and stuccoed facades. In the United States, prime examples can be found coast to coast, from the Tudor City apartment buildings of New York to the stately homes of Tuxedo Park; from the cosy, Prairie-inspired homes of Oak Park, Illiis, to the richly nuanced Arts and Crafts-inflected mansions of Pasadena, California. In an age when all agree that the McMansion, with its ungainly proportions and sameness of design, should be banished from the landscape, the Tudor house remains a delight and an inspiration, being anything but cookie-cutter, with tremendous variation from home to home. The Tudor Home showcases the wide variety of Tudor homes and the many manifestations the form has taken across the nation, from the famous communities of Bronxville, New York, to the California Tudors of Highland Park. With a wealth of colour imagery newly photographed for this volume and insightful commentary on the history, development, and evolution of the Tudor style in America, the book is an engaging read that opens a window on this much loved style of home.
- Author BiographyKevin Murphy is a professor of architecture and theory at CUNY and the author of The Houses of Greenwich Village and The American Townhouse. Paul Rocheleau is the photographer for Rizzoli's Hunt Country Style, The California House, and Frederick Law Olmsted.
- Author(s)Kevin Murphy,Paul Rochelea
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication31/03/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note270 colour and black and white illustrations
- Weight1769 g
- Width238 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.51New
- AU $65.15Used
- AU $78.97New
- AU $105.90New
- AU $75.89Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $47.66Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $80.48
- AU $21.06Trending at AU $23.17
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.85
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.70
- AU $22.03Trending at AU $23.08
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $102.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.