All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tudor era springs to life in Marcia Williams s lively account, written and illustrated in her signature comic-book style. Travel back to Tudor times with Arthur Inkblott, Queen Elizabeth I s favorite scribe, and his pet ferret, Smudge, who lives (and offers commentary) in the margins of the book. Meet the handsome and headstrong Henry VIII and his six wives, as well as the clever and beautiful Elizabeth I, who politely refused entreaties to marry. Fight the Spanish Armada, sail across the Atlantic with Christopher Columbus, and spend time with the Tudor common folk, who offer their own take on what life was like in these times. Packed with jokes, colorful illustrations, and fascinating facts, this informative and entertaining comic-strip history showcases the work of Marcia Williams at her very best.
- Author BiographyMarcia Williams has written and illustrated many books and retold a number of classics in her warm, accessible comic-strip style. She lives in London.
- Author(s)Marcia Williams
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Marcia Williams
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.