All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.76Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThis book will explore the many biological and physical aspects of the tumor microenvironment. The book will include chapters on the various cells that influence tumor growth and function as well as the cell-associated and soluble proteins that can promote invasion and metastasis. Several chapters will describe endothelial cells and pericytes that form tumor vasculature. Insights on the role of progenitor and stem cells will be included. The contribution of the supporting stroma will be addressed in addition to cell-cell signaling and cell-matrix interactions. Additional chapters will describe the influence of infiltrating cells of the immune system on tumor growth.
- Author BiographyRebecca Bagley is a senior scientist at Genzyme Corporation and has worked in the biotechnology industry for 20 years with degrees in biology from Wellesley College and Harvard University. Her expertise in drug development spans a wide range of approaches including immunotherapies, gene and protein therapies, and small molecule delivery with publications in journals such as Molecular Cancer Therapeutics, Cancer Research, and Microvascular Research . Her current research focuses on stem cells, tumor vasculature, and target validation.
- Author(s)Rebecca G. Bagley
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/09/2010
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleCancer Drug Discovery and Development
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note10 black & white tables
- Weight1338 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine43 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.