All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis title provides an exciting guide to Turkish cuisine, including Vegetable Dishes, Beans, Peas, Lentils and Pilaffs, Fish and Shellfish, Meat and Poultry and Desserts. It features more than 75 delicious step-by-step recipes, from world-famous dishes such as Peppers Stuffed with Aromatic Rice, Lamb Sis Kebab or Festive Semolina Helva with Pine Nuts, to more unusual treats like Veiled Pilaff, Spicy Rabbit Stew with Shallots and Figs or Ottoman Milk Pudding. It includes a comprehensive visual guide to Turkish ingredients, and detailed instructions for essential preparation and cooking techniques. Cook's tips, variations and complete nutritional information are provided throughout. Opening with a fascinating introduction to the rich culinary history, culture and traditions of the Turkish people, Ghillie Basan describes how years of war and migration have helped to shape the modern cuisine, from early madic Anatolian tribal practices through the dazzling Ottoman period to the modern table. Then follows a comprehensive guide to the equipment, ingredients and techniques used in the Turkish kitchen, including step-by-step sequences to explain the processes clearly. Beautifully illustrated with more than 450 photographs, and complete with nutritional tes, cook's tips and variations, this stunning book provides a tantalizing insight to an ancient and diverse cuisine.
- Author BiographyGhillie Basan has lived and worked in Turkey for a number of years, travelling widely through the Middle East as a food and travel writer. With over 20 books and numerous magazine and newspaper articles on the culinary cultures of Turkey, the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia, she has become an authority on the subject.
- Author(s)Ghillie Basan
- PublisherAnness Publishing
- Date of Publication25/07/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteover 450 colour photographs
- Weight830 g
- Width228 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.