All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChallenging the commonplace that suspends migrants between two worlds', this study turns a refreshingly curious eye to complex cultural relations and literary velties wrought by Turkish migration to Germany. At interpretive and historic crossroads involving dialogue and storytelling, gecide and taboo, and capital and labour in the 1990s. This book illuminates far-reaching imaginative effects that literatures of migration can engender. In critical conversation with Arjun Appadurai, Seyla Benhabib, Homi Bhabha, Rey Chow, Andreas Huyssen, Dominick LaCapra, Doris Sommer, and many others, Adelson probes history and aesthetics as surprisingly twinned indices of national and global transformation at the millennial turn.
- Author BiographyLESLIE A. ADELSON is Professor and Chair of German Studies at Cornell University, USA.
- Author(s)Leslie A. Adelson
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication06/09/2005
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleStudies in European Culture and History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight500 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statementannotated edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.