All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAgainst a soundtrack of world musicfrom salsa to reggae and jazzand in a vibrant blend of English, Spanish, and Patois, this collection delivers tender and incendiary hymns of homage to the Caribbean, American, and British metropolises. In a poetic form that is lyrical, narrative, sensual, and often experimental, it offers insight into the urgent social issues impacting the everyday world and its extraordinary people. As they seek connections across boundaries of geography, race, ethnicity, language, gender, age, and ecomic class, these poems express a hope for the future and the possibility for cultural metamorphosis.
- Author BiographyLoretta Collins Klobahis a professor of Caribbean literature and creative writing at the University of Puerto Rico. Her poetry has been anthologized in the 1996 Pushcart Prize Anthology, TriQuarterly New Writers, and the collection How Much Earth?
- PrizesShortlisted for Felix Dennis Forward Poetry Prize for Best First Collection 2012.
- Author(s)Loretta Collins Klobah
- PublisherPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/09/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationYorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPeepal Tree Press Ltd
- Weight113 g
- Width135 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.