All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe Twentieth Century Performance Reader is the key introductory text to all types of performance. Extracts from fifty practitioners, critics and theorists from the fields of dance, drama, music, theatre and live art make up an essential sourcebook for students, researchers and practitioners. A bestseller since its publication in 1996, this second edition has been fully updated and includes: * New writings by practitioners and theorists * Notes about each writer * A completely new introduction. Each extract is fully supplemented by a contextual summary, a biography of the writer, and suggestions for further reading. Organised alphabetically, this reader makes it possible to compare major writings on all types of performance in one volume. The ways in which different performance practitioners' ideas inter-relate are pointed out in a series of detailed cross-references for readers. In so doing it becomes clear that one of the key features of twenty first century performance is its boundlessness and its capacity to cross borders. All who enjoy or work with live invative performance will find this book invaluable.
- Author BiographyMichael Huxley is head of performing arts at De Montfort University, Leicester, and author of articles and reviews on dance and dance theatre. He is actively engaged in promoting the performing arts within higher education at degree level. Noel Witts is head of postgraduate theatre studies at Hull University's Scarborough Campus, and also teaches postgraduate scenography at the London Institute, where he is visiting research fellow. He is the author of ten major documentaries on aspects of European theatre and has written arts programmes fore the Open University.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/07/2002
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date05/11/2013
- Content Notechronology, bibliography, index
- Weight884 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMichael Huxley,Noel Witts
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.