All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionCovering basic planting and design principlesthat make the most of outdoor surroundings, this guide helps gardeners establish a unique cturnal garden. Including chapters on night-scented and night-blooming plants, gentle mood lighting, water features, enclosures, and the use of color and sound to attract wildlife, this is the perfect starting place for gardeners attracted to the ethereal nature of a moonlit landscape, whether they are working with a backyard terrace or a large plot of land. Case studies of formal gardens and detailed horticultural descriptions of night-friendly plant species and varietiesdivided into Star Plants, Supporting Cast, and Backstage Beautiesround out the tools needed to transform a private space into a moonlit paradise. Given that the sun only shines half the day, shouldn t there be a guide for what happens, or could happen, in your garden after sunset? There are many reasons to consider a twilight garden. You may live in a warm climate where evenings are more comfortable than midday. You may work long hours, or enjoy eating dinner and entertaining outdoors. Or perhaps you re attracted to the ethereal nature of a moonlit landscape. Whatever the reason, you need a guide to make the most of your outdoor surroundings. The Twilight Garden covers basic planting and design principles needed to establish a unique cturnal garden. It includes chapters on night-scented and night-blooming plants, gentle mood lighting, water features, enclosures, and the use of color and sound to attract wildlife. Gardening expert Lia Leendertz shows that it is possible to create a nighttime paradise whether you have a small backyard terrace or a large plot of land. She includes case studies of formal gardens and detailed horticultural descriptions of night-friendly plant species and varieties, divided into Star Plants, Supporting Cast, and Backstage Beauties. Following her lead, you ll be able to transform your own private space into a moonlit paradise.
- Author BiographyLia Leendertz is a gardening columnist forthe Guardian anda regular contributor to Garden magazine, which is published by the Royal Horticultural Society. Lia Leendertz is a gardening columnist for The Guardian and is a regular contributor to The Garden magazine, published by the Royal Horticultural Society.
- Author(s)Lia Leendertz
- PublisherBall Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBall Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight980 g
- Width193 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.