All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExcerpt from The Twisted Foot The captain's biscuits, a Huntley and Palmer tin, were slung - high beyond reach of white ants or more nauseous vermin - on a lanyard made fast to the awning stanchion. There they swung dimly, beside a bunch of ripe bananas, in the darkest part of the boat-deck. If Agapito, the mestizo steward, had stayed awake long eugh to coil up loose ends ... but a tale was hanging by that slender cord, along with the captain's biscuits. Into this tale, David Bowman plunged head first over the side, through the unguarded gap astern of the long-boat. The rotten cord snapped from his ankle, and he fell whirling, in a shock of surprise and blind rage. A long time, it seemed, he fought and choked in the cool darkness under the ocean. About the Publisher Forgotten Books publishes hundreds of thousands of rare and classic books. Find more at www.forgottenbooks.com This book is a reproduction of an important historical work. Forgotten Books uses state-of-the-art techlogy to digitally reconstruct the work, preserving the original format whilst repairing imperfections present in the aged copy. In rare cases, an imperfection in the original, such as a blemish or missing page, may be replicated in our edition. We do, however, repair the vast majority of imperfections successfully; any imperfections that remain are intentionally left to preserve the state of such historical works.
- Author(s)Henry Milner Rideout
- PublisherForgotten Books
- Date of Publication27/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintForgotten Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight376 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.