All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDavid Ovason explores the ancient belief that two children, both named Jesus, were born in Bethlehem to two sets of parents named Joseph and Mary. Although the gospels of Matthew and Luke give some support to the tradition of 'two Jesus children', the idea was t adopted by the established church. It lingered on, however, particularly in the literature of esoteric sects such as Gsticism, and later in fifteenth-century Italian art. Ovason pays close attention to the ancient literature discovered at Qumran near the Dead Sea, and at Cheboskion in Egypt. Hebrew, Aramaic, Coptic and Greek texts from those sites confirm the belief in the existence of two messiahs. Ovason also explores many fascinating and apocryphal texts that contain references to the two children, which were later expunged or glossed over by church apologists. The author goes on to speculate about why the tradition then became so popular again in early fifteenth-century Italian art, and studies traces of the two children theme in the work of Ambrogio Borgogne, Defendente Ferrari, Raphael and Leonardo de Vinci. This is fascinating reading for anyone interested in church history and theology, and esoteric traditions.
- Author BiographyDavid Ovason teaches astrology and has studied the life and writings of Nostradamus for more than forty years. He is the author of numerous books, including The Secrets of Nostradamus (1997); The Zelator: A Modern Initiate Explores the Ancient Mysteries (1998); The Secret Architecture of Our Nation's Capital (1999); The Secret Symbols of the Dollar Bill (2004); The History of the Horoscope (2005); and Shakespeare's Secret Booke: Deciphering Magical and Rosicrucian Codes (2010).
- Author(s)David Ovason
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2011
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Content Note170 b/w illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.