The Two-Second Advantage: How We Succeed by Anticipating the Future - Just Enough by Vivek Ranadive, Kevin Maney (Hardback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat made Wayne Gretzky the greatest hockey player of all time wasn t his speed on the ice or the uncanny accuracy of his shots, but rather his ability to predict where the puck was going to be an instant before it arrived. In other words, it was Gretzky s brain that made him exceptional. Over the past fifteen years, scientists have found that what distinguishes the greatest musicians, athletes, and performers from the rest of us isn t just their motor skills or athletic abilities it is the ability to anticipate events before they happen. A great musician kws how tes will sound before they re played, a great CEO can predict how a business decision will turn out before it s made, a great chef kws what a recipe will taste like before it s prepared. In a powerful narrative that takes us from the research in the labs to the implementation of predictive techlogy inside companies, Vivek Ranadive and Kevin Maney reveal how our understanding of human mastery is being applied to the way computers think. In the near future, the authors argue, the most advanced computer systems and the most successful businesses will anticipate the future much like Wayne Gretzky s brain does. As a result, companies will be able to use a new generation of techlogy to anticipate customer needs before customers even kw what they want, and see production snafus before they occur, traffic jams before they materialize, and operational problems before they arise. Forward-thinking companies will be able to predict the future just a fraction ahead of everyone else with a little bit of the right information at the right time what the authors call the two-second advantage and it will transform the way businesses are run and offer companies an ermous competitive edge in the marketplace. In the bestselling tradition of Blink, Sway, and How We Decide, The Two-Second Advantage will change our understanding of what makes a company successful.
- Author BiographyVIVEK RANADIVE is the founder and CEO of the leading international software company, TIBCO Software Inc., that enables organizations to become event-driven. He is also the co-owner and vice chairman of the Golden State Warriors NBA franchise. A frequently cited expert in the media on real-time computing, Ranadive is the author of the New York Times bestseller The Power of Now. KEVIN MANEY writes for Fortune, The Atlantic, Fast Company, and other publications. He was the technology reporter at USA Today for more than twenty years. He is the author of the critically acclaimed books The Maverick and His Machine and Trade-Off.
- Author(s)Kevin Maney,Vivek Ranadive
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCrown Publishing Group, Division of Random House Inc
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Weight376 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.