All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPublished as part of Liverpool Biennial 2016, The Two-Sided Lake brings together a wide range of contributors to explore the idea of the 'episode' in film, literature and computation. The book reflects the on multiple ways that stories can be told, and how thinking differently about space and time can open up new conversations about the past, the present, race, migration, trauma - and exhibition-making. Including texts by Zian Chen (TW), Mark Z Danielewski (US), Denise Ferreira da Silva (BR), Matthew Garrett (US) Xiaolu Guo (CN), Ranjit Hoskote (IN), Joasia Krysa (PL), Lars Bang Larsen (DK), Francesco Manacorda (IT), Andrew Pickering (UK), Denise Riley (UK), Will Slocombe (UK), Juliana Spahr/C.O. Grossman (US) and Jocelyn Penny Small (US) alongside contributions by all of Liverpool Biennial 2016's artists, The Two-Sided Lake is the essential companion to the UK's largest contemporary art festival.
- Author BiographyRosie Cooper is Head of Programmes at Liverpool Biennial. Sandeep Parmar teaches twentieth-century literature and creative writing at the University of Liverpool. She is the Reviews Editor of The Wolf magazine and edited The Collected Poems of Hope Mirrlees for Carcanet Press (2011). Her critical book on Loy, Reading Mina Loy's Autobiographies, appeared from Bloomsbury in 2013. Dominic Willsdon is an educator and curator. Since 2006, he has been Leanne & George Roberts Curator of Education and Public Programs at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and Professor in Curatorial Practice at the California College of the Arts. He is also a curator of the 9th Bienal do Mercosul | Porto Alegre which opened in September 2013.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication04/07/2016
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationLiverpool
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLiverpool University Press
- Width210 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edited byDominic Willsdon,Rosie Cooper,Sandeep Parmar
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.