About this product
- DescriptionOffers the most plausible way to revate our political and policy thinking to meet the challenges of the twenty-first century. Joe Klein, Time America is at a crossroads. The global ecomic downturn that began in 2008 has laid bare the structural weakness of our ecomy, putting the country through its most severe test since the Great Depression. Yet our political and business leaders have failed to prepare us because they are in the grip of a set of dead ideas about how a modern ecomy should work. Even the proponents of change in the Obama administration remain tentative in pushing the boundaries of the conventional wisdom.But as Matt Miller shows in this provocative and influential analysis, the American ecomy will turn the corner only if we move beyond these outdated ways of thinking and recognize the ascendance of a new set of destined ideas that will reinvigorate our ecomy, our politics, and our day-to-day lives. And in a new preface, Miller shows how today's financial crisis has finally stripped these dead ideas of their power, offering hope for a durable recovery.
- Author BiographyMatt Miller is the author of The Two Percent Solution: Fixing America's Problems in Ways Liberals and Conservatives Can Love, which was a Los Angeles Times bestseller. He is a contributing editor at Fortune ; a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress; the host of public radio's popular week-in-review program Left, Right & Center ; and a consultant to corporations, governments, and nonprofits. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Matt Miller
- PublisherHolt McDougal
- Date of Publication19/01/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHolt McDougal
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.