All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThe U.S. Naval Institute Chronicles series focuses on the relevance of history by exploring topics like significant battles, personalities, and service components. Tapping into the U.S. Naval Institute's robust archives, these carefully selected volumes help readers understand nuanced subjects by providing unique perspectives and some of the best contributions that have helped shape naval thinking over the many decades since the Institute's founding in 1873.Since it began in 1845, the U.S. Naval Academy has faced many challenges as it continually strives to find the right figurative balance between Athens and Sparta. This edition of Chronicles recalls many of those challenges as they appeared in Naval Institute publications for most of the Academy's existence.
- Author BiographySERIES EDITOR: Thomas J. Cutler has been serving the U.S. Navy in various capacities for more than fifty years. The author of many articles and books, including several editions of The Bluejacket's Manual and A Sailor's History of the U.S. Navy, he is currently the Director of Professional Publishing at the Naval Institute Press and Fleet Professor of Strategy and Policy with the Naval War College. He has received the William P. Clements Award for Excellence in Education as military teacher of the year at the U.S. Naval Academy, the Alfred Thayer Mahan Award for Naval Literature, the U.S. Maritime Literature Award, and the Naval Institute Press Author of the Year Award.
- Author(s)Thomas J Cutler
- PublisherUS Naval Institute Press
- Date of Publication15/06/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleU.S. Naval Institute Chronicles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUS Naval Institute Press
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.