All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis inspiring guide describes 82 walking routes to the highest points (?tops') of the UK's 91 historic counties in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, from Inverness-shire's Ben Nevis (1344m) to Huntingdonshire's Boring Field (80m), visiting 10 national parks and numerous Areas of Outstanding National Beauty, including the Cairngorms, Dartmoor and the Lake District. There are a range of walks for all abilities and something for everyone, wherever they are in the UK, whether at home, on holiday or just travelling through. The graded routes range from strolls over easy ground to mountaineering expeditions. Some rank among the finest summits in the UK: Ben Lomond, Helvellyn, Pen y Fan, The Cheviot, Scafell Pike, Slieve Donard and Worcestershire Beacon. Others appear in unlikely places such as a military firing zone in Yorkshire and a back garden in south-east London and every top has its own story. The author was the first person to reach all 91 tops in one trip without motorised transport and recorded his adventure in his first book ?Heights of Madness'. Here he shares his routes, top tips and interesting facts about the tops and the historic counties. Illustrated with OS maps, sketch maps and colour photographs.
- Author BiographyJonny Muir first visited the UK's 91 historic county tops in a continuous 5000-mile cycling and walking adventure over a three-month period in 2006. A journalist for six years at newspapers in Cheltenham, Peterborough and Inverness, he now works as an English teacher in London.
- Author(s)Jonny Muir
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication13/09/2011
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note87 sketch maps, 150 colour photos, 81 OS extracts
- Weight360 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.