All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ultimate Encyclopedia of Boxing is the world's most comprehensive single-volume illustrated work of boxing reference, covering all aspects of the sport since its rise from the days of illegal big-money challenge matches to the multi-million-dollar televised extravaganza it is today. As well as details of the careers of the world's greatest boxers, and descriptions of many of their outstanding fights, it traces the progress of the world title from champion to champion in all the weight classes, outlines the status of boxing around the world, considers the prominent men behind the scenes as promoters, trainers and managers, recalls some of the great stadiums where boxing history was made, and details the administrative bodies, the rules, the culture and the ambience of the fight game, including its occasional tragedies, along with its scandals. There is also a new section for this updated and revised edition, celebrating boxing in the Olympic Games. The book concludes with a statistical section, listing the facts, figures and oddities of boxing. No serious student of boxing can afford to be without The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Boxing on their shelves.
- Author BiographyHarry Mullan, who died in 1999, was acknowledged as a world authority on boxing. He edited Boxing News, the world's oldest publication devoted to the sport, and appeared frequently on television and radio, including working as a summariser and co-commentator on fights in 18 countries around the world. He was boxing correspondent of the Sunday Times and the Independent on Sunday. Bob Mee, a fellow boxing writer and friend of Harry, undertook the updating of this book for more than a decade. A former boxing correspondent for The Independent newspaper, Bob has penned a number of books in his own right, including Bare Fists, Boxing Hall of Fame, British Professional Boxers' Records, the Heavyweights and Boxing: Heroes and Champions. Matt Bozeat has covered boxing for more than 20 years. He has been a freelance journalist since leaving the Leicester Mercury. He worked as a reporter for Sky Sports and he as written for Boxing News as well as a number of other national publications.
- Author(s)Harry Mullan
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/03/2016
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
- Weight1270 g
- Width236 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.