All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Ultimate Guide to Raised Bed Gardening for Beginners 2nd Edition: How to Grow Flowers and Vegetables in Raised Beds for a Successful GardenIf you're looking for something space efficient but can produce high yields, raised bed gardening would be the best option for you to try. Besides being efficient when it comes to space, it also solves a number of other issues such as dealing with difficult soil as well as your garden's accessibility.Raised bed gardens are basically made up of mounded soil that's surrounded by a frame to make sure it doesn't fall apart. They are usually at least 3 to 4 inches above the ground itself and each bed is typically separated by a pathway. Plants would cover the entire surface of these beds and the paths would provide the gardener with ample space to work in, making sure that they don't end up stepping on the soil in the process. A raised bed can be 3 to 5 feet across and the length can vary depending on the need. You'll be able to grow a wide variety of crops vegetables on it as well as herbs. Perennial and annual flowers also thrive in this type of gardening along with roses, shrubs and even berry bushes.The thing with raised beds is that it actually provides the best conditions for crop growth. Because the soil in the bed itself tends to be loose, deep and fertile, it results in more efficient yields regardless of what you plant. Of course, there are other factors to consider but for the most part, and if you do the actual planting right, you'll get good results from it.Raised bed gardens improve a lot of things when compared to more traditional planting styles. It can create a better environment for soil drainage and aeration which allows for the plant roots to penetrate strongly and readily. If weeds happen to grow on it, they're much easier to get rid of. And because of the paths that these beds form, the soil never gets compacted from having been repeatedly stepped on by the gardener.Here Is More Of What You'll Learn...
- An Overview
- Building The Raised Beds
- Intensive Gardening
- Great Garden Vegetables for Beginners
- Easy to Grow Flowers for Beginners
- Raised Bed Gardening Tips
- Much, much more!
- Author(s)Lindsey Pylarinos
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/12/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight93 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.